A campy, crazy pixelart zombie apocalypse arcade sim where you’re the bad guy, now available for PC/Mac.
Infectonator 3: Apocalypse released 5 months ago on Steam and GOG, and the past 5 months have been filled with updates that enhance the enjoyment of eliminating mankind and controlling a zombie horde. From additional languages, to optional difficulty modifiers, leaderboards, and more.
You can check out the full list of patches and their content here in the Steam announcements. The first world-dominating update added in Casual Mode, a Leaderboard System, and a Surrender Kill-Switch. Casual Mode is a game modifier for fans of the classic Infectonator, or new fans who just want less resistance from the puny humans, as there’s no cure and less panic. It’s a much more relaxing take on orchestrating the end of mankind, and lets you destroy the world casually in your spare time. The Leaderboard System lets you track your progress and beat your own high score, but you can also post your score online and compete with everyone else! If you’re going to be spreading infections, then why not try to be the best at it, right? With the Surrender Kill-Switch, you can cancel the apocalypse mid game, just in case things aren’t quite going as you planned. You can convert your score to experience points and start a whole new apocalypse!
Toge Productions also added in a bunch of modifiers, which players can opt to select at the start of each new game to make it easier or more difficult, to change up the way you experience the game:
- Randomized Zombie Loadout - Players are given free zombies on every attack, but Loadouts are randomized every day.
- Extra Zombie Slot – Adds an extra zombie loadout slot.
- Reduced Zombie Capacity – Decreases zombie loadout capacity size.
- Perfectionist Mode – You must get all humans in every attack, fail to do so 3 times and you’ll lose the game.
- 20/20 Vision – All humans have great eyesight. Activating this modifier will increases human view distance.
- Bootleg Support Items – All support items are weaker.
- Region Lockdown - Regions go into Lockdown after an attack for several days.
- Evacuation Protocol – Stages have a time limit before it automatically ends.
Earlier this month another update launched that added in a Weekly Challenge Mode, a Global Leaderboard (Global currently Steam only), and all new languages! With the Weekly Challenge Mode, a set of random modifiers are presented each week - whether you’ve unlocked them or not! You can play this challenge as many times as you want, with your highest score going on the weekly leaderboard. The player with the highest score gets crowned “Player of the Week” and is featured on the game’s main screen! The Global Leaderboard lets you compete with players all around the world, because if you’re going to conquer the world, you also have to conquer all the rest of the world’s conquerors. You can also now enjoy the game in even more languages, as Infectonator 3: Apocalypse is now available in Polish, Thai, and Turkish!
We hope you’ll check out Infectonator 3: Apocalypse and tell us what you think!